The College Park Church of Christ was established in September of 1993 when Evangelist Ty Fleming and a small group of Christians decided to plant a congregation on the northeast side of Houston. The congregation was originally called the Northeast Church of Christ.
By the year 2000, the congregation was meeting in a building near its current location on FM 1314, Elders and Deacons had been ordained, and the church was growing.
In January of 2001, Northeast was involved in helping to plant another congregation in Spring, TX known as the Spring Creek Church of Christ.
In 2006, the Northeast congregation was informed by the Texas Department of Transportation that FM 1314 was going to be expanded. This expansion would condemn much of the property and the church building. Because of this, the leadership from both Northeast and Spring Creek met and decided to merge the congregations. This combined congregation was renamed the College Park Church of Christ. They met first at Spring Creek’s old building while searching for a site to build a new facility. It was eventually decided to buy the property adjacent to Northeast’s remaining property on FM 1314 and construct a building there.
On October 4, 2009 the new facility was completed and the congregation has been meeting there for worship ever since. The congregation has continued to grow and seeks to be actively involved in ministering to the community and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.